Hell yeah it does! Suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels, dance fitness has many physical and mental health benefits and is a surefire way to keep you smiling while working out! At Re-Creation Malvern, we offer a wide range of dance fitness classes featuring great music, professionally designed workouts, and motivating dance instructors.
What are the Benefits of Dance Fitness?
Dance fitness classes such as Zumba and BaiLa are first and foremost great fun! While you focus on the moves and and get lost in the music, you won’t even realise you’re doing a great all-round fitness workout.
Some of the top health and fitness benefits of dance fitness include:
- Burn calories: You’ll burn anywhere between 250 and 500 calories in a 1-hour dance fitness session helping faster weight loss and lean muscle definition.
- Train your heart: Dance fitness classes are a great cardio workout helping to strengthen your heart and blood circulation.
- Reduce stress: Cardio exercise such as dance fitness classes release endorphins providing a sense of wellbeing, reducing stress and anxiety, and improving sleep.
- Improve flexibility, balance and coordination: Frequent dancing will help you strengthen your core, gain better control of your body and reduce muscle stiffness.
- Stay motivated: You’re more likely to turn-up and train harder and longer in a group. Dance fitness is also a great way to socialise and meet new people.
Does it matter if I can’t dance or don’t know the moves?
All of our dance fitness classes are suitable for people of all ages as well as all fitness and experience levels. It doesn’t matter if you’re just getting back to a fitness routine, are getting out of your comfort zone or have two left feet! Dance fitness is for everybody.
Our friendly and motivating instructors won’t judge you; rather, they’ll help you pick up the moves and get dancing very quickly. Getting started is usually the hardest move you have to make!
What Types of Dance Fitness Classes Do You Offer?
Located in our beautiful Body Retreat Studio with specialist dance flooring and awesome sound system, at Re-Creation Malvern we offer the following dance fitness classes:
- BaiLa Dance Fitness: Incorporating the energy and flavour of South America, BaiLa is a unique combination of Salsa, Reggaeton, Merengue, and Samba styles. With 10 basic steps and 4 styles this class suits absolute beginners and experts.
- Zumba: Zumba takes the “work” out of workout. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you’ll see why Zumba classes are often called exercise in disguise. Zumba is suitable for all fitness and experience levels.
- Sh’Bam (Virtual Class): A seriously addictive dance workout set to a party playlist – suitable for all fitness and experience levels. Our virtual classes are a great alternative if you can’t make our scheduled classes or want to workout on your own.
Try a Dance Fitness Class Today
If you’ve been curious about trying out a dance fitness class and have been looking for a session in Malvern, Armadale and surrounding suburbs, we have a variety of beginner-friendly options! Contact us for more details or if you’re new to Re-Creation Malvern click here for a 5-day free trial of our classes and facilities.